WORK in Historic Ypsilanti
Virtual Tour Media
RENTS & Current Availability
please note asking rents are subject to change at any time until units are leased
Located in Downtown Ypsilanti
Commercial Leasing Considerations
Commercial lease applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Here are some factors we look at in evaluating commercial lease applications:
- the financial strength of the tenant (eg, credit history, financial or bank statements, or tax returns)
- the tenant’s ability or track record as a merchant or business
- the tenant’s advertising, branding, or appearances (eg, is the tenant’s current business attractive, inviting and clean?)
- how much the landlord has to spend on improvements
- the condition of the building or the space being leased
- the need or importance of a specific type of business use
- how many vacancies are available in this property as well as the general market area
- the placement options for the tenant within the building (eg, some tenants need high visibility and signage whereas others may not)
- how well the tenant’s business will fit with the existing businesses nearby (ie, the correct mix of retail tenants can maximize all of their sales potential)
- the use type of the business (eg, office, retail, or personal services) may also be a factor in how we evaluate the application
Commercial Leasing Documentation / Verification
Documents which may be requested as part of our commercial lease applications:
- signed financial statements
- recent bank statements
- recent tax returns
- business credit history
- credit history of the business’ owner(s)
- background check of the business’ owner(s)
- personal guarantees of the business owner(s)
Commercial Leasing Process
- Complete our online rental application below. Paper applications can also be made available at our open houses or by request by calling 734-272-6612.
- Once we receive your application we will send a credit & background screening report via TransUnion.
- We will check references, verify and review most applications within 15 business days.
- Once approved we will collect your renter’s insurance certification, move-in payment, and send your lease package for your review and electronic signature.
- Submit Certificate of Occupancy (“CofO”) application to the City of Ypsilanti for the specific business use type. The City typically requires a hand-drawn floor plan showing the business’ furniture, merchandise displays, etc, to be included with their application.
- With all of the above requirements being met, the Landlord will then sign the lease and provide keys to the new Tenant on or ahead of their move-in date.
Property ownership includes and is managed by a licensed real estate broker.
Learn more about Alexander